Monday, January 12, 2009

A Man of the City

So Barack Obama dropped by Ben's Chili Bowl this weekend just as I happened to be approaching the same location on the bus to meet up with Jenn and Martyn.



It was a great experience and probably the closest I will get to the man.  He waved upon exiting and it felt so genuine and I really appreciated him experiencing the city.  Barack Obama will hopefully bring good energy to this city.  This is in contrast to Premier G.W. Bush.  His longest forray into the city lately has been to walk across the lawn to the awaiting Marine One, and hightail it out of the nation's capital.  He detests the capitol and was/is never happy here.  Maybe if he got out met some people, they'd appreciate him a bit more (if that's even possible). 

While the nation dips into the thoughts of despair, I still have hope.  I feel awkwardly insulated from this recession.  Not that I don't worry a bit but I don't feel the pressure of it all.  I hope my insulation will hold true for the continuation of this down and the eventual move back to prosperity.  And still I hope.  

No comments: