Friday, September 4, 2009

Mmmm...Bacon (with Lettuce and Tomato)

Earlier this week a co-worker of mine had a BLT for lunch that she made at home. That of course left me salivating for one of my own creation. Now that we're in the middle of the amazing tomato season, I couldn't resist making this for dinner. The sandwich is one of my favorites. And the BLT is a great one. Simple, tasty, and Bacon.

Lightly toasted multi-grain bread.

Light smathering of Mayo.

Some crispy Bacon (yes I think Bacon should always be capitalized). I cook bacon in the oven with high heat and a little time (10 minutes) and you get perfection. Usually when the Bacon aroma permeates my whole apartment (which isn't too hard considering my limited square-footage), the Bacon is done (or close to it).

A gorgeous and delicious tomato (I ate the other half as a side)

Toast, mayo, tomato, Bacon and...

Spring Lettuce to finish.

And finally the second piece of toast.

The sandwich was delicious. It was salty, sweet, crunchy and I really want another one. Thank goodness I cooked all the Bacon and can have one tonight if I want.

1 comment:

Keri said...

This sandwich is working for me... Big time! I have to admit, I don't think I could have made it any better than it looks here. LOL. Will you Marry Me?

Keri

www.samwich365.com