Monday, June 29, 2009

Sliced Tomatoes and Smoked Mackerel

So being a bit tired and lacking both a plan and will to conjure up an amazing meal yesterday, I turned to a trusty stand by. Sliced tomatoes and smoked Mackerel on whole wheat toast. So just some salt and pepper on the tomatoes and the Mackerel and done. It's a simple dish that my sister and brother-in-law shared with me a while ago. I appreciate its taste, health and ease. And now tomatoes are starting to taste like, well, tomatoes.


Ah, fresh, ripe tomatoes with Salt and Pepper.


Smoked Mackerel, right out of the can.

So a no cooking meal that is simple, easy, and freaking delicious.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Tasty! How was your cheese???

Jenn Rogers said...

Love this meal. Is that your picture of the mackeral? If so, I'm impressed!