Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Simply Roasted Chicken


As of late, I am trying to go simple. Simple flavors, seasonings, and methods. So last night I went for the simply Roasted Chicken. I looked up a quick recipe before I left work. I chose to use Thomas Keller's (perhaps America's most renowned chef) idea for my method.

Hot oven and salt and pepper.

So I roasted the 3 1/2 pound bird in my oven safe pan with white and regular sweet potatoes and carrots at 450 degrees F for 50 minutes. I put a generous "raining" of kosher salt on the bird and a few grinds of fresh pepper. (I also rinsed and dried the bird well). After 50 minutes, I let the finished product rest. I carved up half for dinner with steamed Broccoli and the roasted sweet potatoes and carrots. It was a fabulous, fall of the bone chicken. I had a little brown mustard on the side too (although completely unnecessary).

It was simple, it was delicious, it was one of the best chicken experiences I've had.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when can i come over for dinner??