Monday, December 7, 2009

Waffle House, a culinary adventure

So while in the south (or anywhere for that matter) it is almost a requirement that one must go to the local Waffle House for some culinary mastery. I mean it's cheap, fast, tasty, and served with the perfect amount of butter/lard. I stuck with the two marquees of the Waffle House menu, waffles and hash browns.

We went to two different waffle houses on our trip to Mississippi.

This one in Biloxi.

And this one in Ocean Springs, MS.

I went with the pecan waffle on day one and the blueberry waffle on day two. And each time I went with hash browns, smothered, covered, and diced (if you don't know what that is, look it up).

Well it's sort of tasty, but it's more about the experience. I tend to stay away from the chains, but when there's one every mile or so, it's hard to resist. Now my colon might want to chime in when it comes to the after effects of the amount of shortening used, but hey, how often am I in the Southeast and eating at the WH, no not the White House, the Waffle House.

1 comment:

jules said...

I recently went to a Waffle House for the first time. I thought the food was absolutely horrendous, (my thin chocolate waffle was served with a "buttery spread" ewww, what does that even mean?? Give me some butter) but at the same time, I kind of loved the experience!