Monday, December 14, 2009

French Lentils and Kale


On a cold and rainy Sunday morning when my cold seemed to be never ending, I turned to a new hearty, healthy and warm meal. Lentils. I kept them pretty simple as I always do. French lentils, onion, garlic, jalapeƱo, fire roasted tomatoes, and kale. The recipe called for a lot of water and trust me it needed it. I also brought them to a boil and then back to a simmer and let them cook for a long time. I'd say about 30 minutes and then added the tomatoes for another 20-25 minutes of cooking time. I couldn't resist the urge and my first bowl included some very al dente lentils, albeit tasty. I nearly forgot to add the kale at the very end. I just rinsed the kale and added it directly to my bowl. I had a fresh and crusty baguette to accompany as well. It was a warm and fulfilling meal that has me feeling better already.



And then the meal was topped off by some great cookies from my friend Jessica. Peanut butter blossoms (aka neeps), chocolate chocolate mint filled delights, and some fudge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great maybe you can make some when your home for Christmas.
Love
Dad

Jenn Rogers said...

this looks amazing!!! yum. xoxo

Jessica said...

I forgot to give you cardamom cookies! Doh! I want your soup, NOW!