Friday, September 26, 2008

Reaction to Billion Dollar Bailout

So this an email chain with my coworker and I this afternoon with the subject "Should I send this out?"

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:04 AM,

These are trying times for our country. The collapse and/or forced sale of many of our nation's largest and most trusted banks and instability in various markets has caused significant doubt about the future of our economy. As a result, I am hereby suspending all work in cubicle and surrounding areas (hallway), in order to work on this crisis. In order to keep America strong, I am also postponing my long-scheduled meeting with the Dr. So andSo to discuss my work ethic and the broad range of computer games I play during work hours, as this is no time for talk about games. What we need right now is not talk, which is terrorism, but action. Therefore, I will immediately rush to my home to work the phones promoting a $40 bailout plan for my dinner, which I had planned to eat at the Thai place around the corner but which is now in a state of considerable uncertainty. I assume that all other patriots in this building will help me in this effort. God bless me, and God bless America.

Anonymous


And my response...
 
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Dear Staff,

As this crisis seems to escalate, I, unlike Senator Obama, will join my mate and also suspend activities in my cublicle as well, in order to counsel my colleague and the nation in it's quest to relinquish itself from the greed of a few and restore order. I will do so by reinvesting in the local economy through investment in the choicest hops and finest edibles. I will make direct contact with the economic machine of this country's capital. I will find the answer through the lens of an empty pint glass and fully contemplate the percentage of bailout I will attach to the required cost of said consumption, in the form of gratuity.

There is no price to large, no time of contemplation too short, no time to waste. God Bless all.

No comments: