Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend of News??

During my visit to Allentown, Pennsylvania this weekend, I spent a few hours at my grandfather's house. And all he watches is Fox News.  Fox News mantra on their homepage is "We Report, You decide."  I beg to differ.  Most know of the political agenda and the right leaning of the Fox News Channel.  So I've been interested.  And recently, The Daily Show has just been amazing with great quotes, comparisons, and clips, like this one. The 3 minute mark with Senators Foghorn Leghorn and Droopy Dog are outrageous.  

So I've heard that more of my generation gets its political news from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart than from traditional sources.  The statistics show that TDS and Colbert Show viewers are more knowledeable on world affairs than Fox News.  I'm not suprised.  When Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert joke or satirize the political craziness, smart people enjoy it.  I would assume (not the best way to conclude things) that those who watch JS and SC read newspapers and get their news elsewhere too.  They just really appreciate the humor slant that the dynamic duo from Comedy Central provide.  I know politics doesn't appeal to all, but it certainly is intriguing, it certainly is funny.


No comments: