Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shoelaces Rant

So I have these relatively new black dress shoes. I wear them to work.  I've had them for a few months.  Perhaps I wear them twice a week. So that's about 15-20 times total and this morning as I was tightening them to tie them, the lace snapped.  Now nothing is more frustrating, as I don't have spare black, dress shoe laces just sitting around.  Anyway, I don't understand why they have to be so freaking fragile. This is definitely not the first pair of shoelaces have broken on newer shoes.  

What is up with the shoelace manufactures?  Are the purposely making shoelaces that self destruct so that we are forced to by new ones?  And how come you can never find the right replacement pair?  There are only these crappy, often too short one in stores.  I'm so pissed about this.  It's not like I have a back-up pair of laces or black shoes for that matter.  I also just bought a new pair of brown shoes, are those laces doomed?   They are similar in style to the black laces.  

I mean I like my shoelaces tight, but I'm not ripping at these as hard as possible.  What the F*%K?

Rant over....where do I get quality replacements?


1 comment:

Ali said...

I think a good title for a piece would be "I mean I like my shoelaces tight, but...."