Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Taxes and Civilization

"No one said it better than Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes: 'I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization.' " 

Thomas Friedman was really spot on with his column today.  Paying taxes is patriotic.  Do I agree with where every nickel goes? Of course not.  Do I think most of it goes to good things? Yes.  Naive as that may be, it is my belief. Our leader needs to prioritize our system.

Obviously my future brother-in-law and I are very much on the same page and have been reading the same stuff.  His eloquence is better.  Read it.

And John McCain, you are not my friend. No matter how many times you may say it, you're not.  I dont' know you and you certainly don't know me.  This tactic, "my friends," may work on the stump, but not for me.

No comments: