Monday, October 6, 2008

A weekend of Celebration

Twas a weekend of fun and festivities,  celebration and friendship, and of course, champagne.  The Philadelphia Phillies are in the National League Championship Series (with the LA Dodgers).  After a stumble on Saturday night, they pulled through Sunday afternoon, courtsey of the Home Run. All 6 runs were results of home runs.   

More importantly, I threw a party for Jenn and Martyn.  A wedding shower, jack and jill style, for the couple celebrating their nuptials in 33 days.  We had the local DC guests (and some non-locals) in for a gathering.  I created the obligatory shower game of word scramble and trivia, which turned out better than I suspected.  Here's an example:

Unscramble this famous couple (answer will be at the bottom of the post):

lfrl hi daka & or give eirda

Then we showed the slide show of pictures of "Jenn and Martyn: Past and Present."  I worked diligently on this project for way too many hours, but it all paid off in the end.  It was about 200 slides of Jenn and Martyn from baby to present, set to music.  It was great and I personally loved the reaction of everybody.  It turns out my hard work paid off. I think we'll show it again at the rehearsal dinner.


Jenn at 12 Weeks

Martyn: a few months old


Jenn and Me

Jenn and Martyn Now

I stopped at Total Wine for some tasty beverages and thanks to a suggestion from my friend Jessica, I found some tasty mediterranean treats at the Mediterranean Bakery in Virginia.  The Hommous, Tabouli, Baba, and Tzaziki were great.  I bought a ton of super fresh pita as well.  It was such a great addition.  I can't recommend this place enough.   I also had vegetables and cheeses and chips and salsa (jenn's favorite food).  

The party was fun and we stayed late.  There were some minor problems (a few broken wine glasses and slight scrapes).  The Theme: Jenn and Martyn '08, it could have been worse.  In reality it was fun but I am glad that pressure is off.  

Stats for you.

13 Days until Jenn's B-Day
29 Days until the election (hopefully of Obama)
33 Days until the wedding
105 Days left of W. 
2028 Days since the beginning of the Invasion of Iraq

Answer to scramble: Frida Kahlo & Diego Rivera

1 comment: