Monday, July 21, 2008

DC to PA

Despite a lot of driving this weekend and the speed of the weekend, it was pleasurable. Jenn and Martyn had me over for dinner on Friday. We had an al fresco meal. Hummus, tabbouleh, cabbage, carrots, pita, and some other good stuff, including wine. It was relatively easy and really satisfying on a hazy and humid day.


Saturday morning, after some delays at the metro and waiting behind disgruntled customers of the rental car kiosk, I got my car for my ride up for my godson's 3rd birthday. So it was an easy drive and the rental car had Sirius Satellite radio, which was cool. The party was fairly low key and a good short time. It was also good to see my friend Chad, my godson Ethan's dad and my college roommate. He is a good person and despite the long absence we always seem to reconnect fairly easily. I guess when you live with a person for that long (almost 3 years) you develop a good bond. Their family is doing well with the addition of their second son, Grayson. So I stayed over and got some extra time with Ethan and Grayson. It was fun to play with kids and hold the 3 week old but also pleasing to hand him off when the crying intensified to screaming.



On the way home to DC on Sunday, I met Jenn and Martyn at the National Arboretum. We toured around by car a bit after checking out the herb garden section. I think Martyn and I were envious of the variety and would like to have a few them for our cooking endeavors.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I'm loving your blog and look forward to reading the posts.

Jessica said...

How sweet that you were at your godson's birthday party. You are the best! I love the arboretum!