Thursday, July 24, 2008

Weird Eats

I was trying to think of the weirdest thing that I've eaten. I think its Rocky Mountain Oysters. I was 19 in Montana after my Freshman year in college. I remember we pounded some beers before we (my boys from HS) went to this bar in western Montana for the Testicle Festival. It sure was interesting and I definitely could have used a few beers to wash them down.

Foie Gras is weird to some but not me. I've had it a few too many times to call it weird. It certainly is tasty. Hudson Valley New York has some great Foie Gras.

Escargot are too tasty to be weird. Cherry Tomatoes stuffed with escargot with a Pernod Butter. Oh my great.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Ali said...

Do you mean to imply that Rocky Mountain Oysters are testicles and that you ate testicles? From what animal?

I ate frog legs when I was in France; I think that's the weirdest food I've ever eaten.